Thursday, March 27, 2008

Disney = Children's Media?

This is a video of clips from Disney's The Lion King, Return to Neverland, and The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. All of the clips were found on Youtube.




I picked these clips in particular because I thought it was interesting how children's stories can come across depending on whether the story is read in a book, or viewed on screen as a movie. In regards to films, it might also matter whether a film is live-action or animated. I think that depending on the form, the amount of violence, or things like death and murder in these stories is either amplified or toned down. I originally had five clips saved on a play list before deciding on the three I used, so if you're interested in viewing the whole play list, here it is:



-Laura

No comments: