Monday, April 21, 2008

Project Idea: Vassar's YouTube Contest

As many of you probably know, Vassar has a YouTube Channel. There are a lot of videos posted that show different aspects of Vassar life, mostly including student life. You may have seen posters around campus about the Vassar YouTube Contest. Students are supposed to create a "2-5 minute YouTube video about life at Vassar that best exemplifies the spirit and quality of life on the Vassar campus."

This got me thinking about our final project and about how many communities there are at Vassar in addition to the students. I think it would be cool to do a video for this contest (or not only for the contest) that shows/interviews some of the other people who are integral to the Vassar community but never mentioned in videos about Vassar, such as ACDC staff members, cleaning staff, B&G, the preschool, house fellows, etc. I know we don't have much time, but if anyone wants to join me in making a short documentary, or has ideas, let me know!

-Brittany

1 comment:

Allison said...

I really like this idea. Maybe I could talk with you about it tomorrow?