Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Rotunda (Poughkeepsie Public Library District)

This week I have been to the Arlington Library more than usual. During one of my visits, I discovered “The Rotunda”, a newspaper for the Poughkeepsie Public Library District. This small newspaper is really interesting. On the cover, there are pictures of the Adriance Memorial Library and its renovations. The librarian was actually really excited to tell me all about how the construction has been going. Other things in the newspaper include events, activities, workshops, and classes in the area. There are also suggested readings, information on programs offered by the libraries in the district, and reading/writing contests taking place this spring. I thought the newspaper was really cool and could serve as a very good resource for parents and teachers of the region.

The PDF version can be found here: http://www.poklib.org/documents/Rotundaspring08.pdf

Juliana

No comments: