Monday, February 4, 2008

Amitava Kumar

I think some of you already know about this, but Vassar English professor Amitava Kumar has a blog that he updates regularly. I've been a frequent visitor since Sophomore year. He posts (about) a wide variety of things - excerpts of articles, book reviews, news about/from India, events coming up at Vassar, things that have happened in his classes, cricket, and his family. I think it's the diversity of the post topics that keeps me coming back.

The other day when I was looking at the blog, I noticed for the first time the long list of links on the right side of the page. Many of them are other blogs or news sources that he posts articles from. They range from very mainstream (The New York Times) to alternative (The Hoot - a media watch group based in New Delhi). I haven't been able to check them all out yet, but here are two of my favorites so far.

Allison

No comments: