Tuesday, February 12, 2008

iamprovincetown

I'm from Provincetown, MA and while in high school I became aware of this site www.iamprovincetown.com. The description of the site is "I am Provincetown -- a website about Provincetown -- past, present & future -- with the most comprehensive Directory Listings of Provincetown businesses, accommodations, restaurants, shops, galleries and local organizations -- and the Provincetown Scrapbook: a collage of photographs, stories, poetry..." I found this site interesting because it combines community participation and creativity while providing helpful information to residents and visitors. I myself have never set up an account on the site but over the years check in now and then to see what some of my friends and neighbors are up to and producing. Provincetown has a large artist community and with the Fine Arts Work Center and the Provincetown Art Association and Museum people come from all over the world bringing a great wealth of artistic creativity that is fun and exciting to explore. This site provides a venue for the community to collectively address their artistic, social, and political interests and activities. Even though I have not actively participated in the site, I still use it as a resource and as a way to stay connected and somewhat involved with my home and community especially now being away at school.

Liz

No comments: