Tuesday, February 19, 2008

community arts network (rocks)

So I was recently reccomended the website communityarts.net and it is amazing. According to their website:

The Community Arts Network (CAN) supports the belief that the arts are an integral part of a healthy culture, providing both intellectual nourishment and social benefit, and that community-based arts provide significant value both to communities and artists.


I used the site when I decided to study abroad in Argentina, and found out about political theatre practice in Buenos Aires. While I'm primarily on this site for information on theatre, there is a whole section on "media arts." Every article on there is a pleasure to read and incredibly inspiring. I can procrastinate for hours deaming about ways to get involved in the multitudes of projects presented on the site, and the many more they inspire in my own mind. Check it out!

~Julia

No comments: